Leading A-Series engine specialist since 1981
As the Mini engine power outputs increase ever further, the ability to utilise this extra performance becomes more important. Loss of traction wastes time, either from a standing start or exiting a bend, whether driving on the road, circuit, rally stage or drag strip.
The Quaife ATB differential unit can transform the performance of your Mini.
Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip unit, the Quaife ATB unit relies on gears rather than clutch plates for its operation. This means it is much smoother in operation, because unlike a conventional plate-style LSD, it never locks harshly with a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle.
It automatically biases the torque across the axle to the wheel with the most grip. To the driver, the results are significant in performance improvements – superior, controllable traction without the harsh steering wheel snatch or torque steer that has long been associated with performance differentials. Unwanted wheelspin and slip are greatly reduced, resulting in less understeer.
On front-wheel-drive cars the Quaife ATB also delivers significant performance benefits during heavy braking. In this situation the Quaife differential’s inherent torque transfer characteristics work in reverse to transfer torque away from the locking wheel.
As used by the Mini Miglia championship with excellent results.
The Quaife ATB differential also comes with a Lifetime Warranty.
- Safe, progressive and seamless in action, the Quaife ATB differential never ‘locks’.
- Controlled power is transmitted to the driven wheels, to maximise traction and minimise wheelspin, particularly in slippery conditions.
- Fitment greatly reduces unwanted torque steer and understeer.
- Improves braking performance on front wheel drive cars by reducing lock up.
- Reduces tyre wear.
- Gear operated with no service components to replace.
- Direct replacement for factory standard ‘open’ differential unit.
- Over 100,000 units sold worldwide since the 1980s.
- Backed by a Quaife lifetime warranty for both motorsport and road use.